When you are terrified by your adversary. When hell is loosed against you. When you are helpless before the trial, when you are face to face with death. When you are standing before a tall wall that want to collapse on your head. When your little strength cannot bail you out, when your knowledge is inadequate, when you have been held tight… what will you do? For you to know what to do study this special timeless truth contained in this edition of Voices From Zion Titled: Follow The Voice
Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you. 2Chronicle 20:17-24
Most times battles come without forewarning otherwise one would have know how to prepare, but when battle loom in a magnitude you can’t control, handle or overcome how would you escape or overcome. The Scripture Above Continues
O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you. *And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the Lord, worshipping the Lord. *And the Levites, of the children of the Kohathites, and of the children of the Korhites, stood up to praise the Lord God of Israel with a loud voice on high. *And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper. *And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the Lord, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the Lord; for his mercy endureth for ever. *And when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten. *For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another. *And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped.
FOLLOW THE VOICE
This word can confuse some that had no ability on how to differentiate the Voice of the shepherd and that of the stranger. There are Voices of the Invisible such as:
1. Satanic Voice: The scripture prove to us that Satan still speaks to people. There are Satanic voices that control people’s actions and reasoning. Eve the first woman, Adam’s wife got into long conversation with the devil and she was gotten in Genesis 3:1-6 which says Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? *And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: *But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. *And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: *For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. *And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. Revelation 12:9-10 also presents Satan as the deceiver.
2. Demonic Voice: They overtook people and use their (the Person’s) mouth as their microphone. It can also be called the Voices of Stranger. Jesus said in John 10:5 that And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers because they are glue to their master Jesus and knew his voice. Luke 8:26-33 says more.
3. Angelic Voices: Angels are God’s agent, there is no such clause as ‘Demonic Angels’ no!. All angels are God’s ministers and they speak. Matthew 25:41 told us about the devil and his angels which means the devil and his agents. An Angel spoke to Joseph in Matthew 1:20 which says But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. Luke 1:28-29 also proved that Angels of God speaks to people. So you can hear the voice of Angels.
4. God’s Voices: God still calls people by their names today 1Samuel 3:3-11 says And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the Lord, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep; *That the Lord called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I. Almighty God will call your name today! God calls people. Genesis 3:9 says And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
5. Jesus Voice: Jesus still speaks through the pages of the Bible to individuals and congregation today. Jesus is the truth, the printed Bible is Emmanuel ‘God with us’. Many destinies have been opened up by the revelation and insight contacted from the Bible the word of God. In fact John 1:1-5,12-14 and Revelation 19:13 present Jesus as the word of God. It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63. Among all the Voices stated above, three are from the kingdom of light while satanic and demonic voices are from the kingdom of darkness.
Any voice that brings rejoicing and settlement in righteousness is from the Kingdom of light but any voice that brings or saturates with ungodliness is from the father of lies Satan. John 8:44 says Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Therefore know the voice to follow. If all you have been hearing are voice of confusion, frustration, uncertainty not knowing the right word to believe or stand on. May be you are seeing trouble ahead by the voices you are hearing, here is your creator speaking. In proverbs 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. How?
By giving your life to Christ and surrender to his timely leadings.
FOLLOW THE VOICE
This scripture 2Chronicle 20:17-24 are mostly read and practice by most Christian but most did not take time to sieve out the lessons. Three nations came against a king and his nation, each of the attacking nations must have heard of the exploit of the King of Judah; Jehoshaphat, they came to destroy and put out of existence, because each of them (the opponents) are stronger physically than Jehoshaphat and his people listen!
May be your exploit is the reason why people hated you, may be the way you do your things and almost all things turns to gold in your hands is the reason behind the jealous, envy and the raging of your enemies or even your peers? Relax and engaged your God. He that had blessed you has not left you.
Actually the whole of Judah was full of fear. they prayed and fasted (2Chronicle 20:13-16), things to note is that Most time when we have prayed and fasted ‘we expect thunderous manifestation of God’ as if our enemies should sleep and not wake up, even though God drowned the host of Pharaoh in the red Sea yet He doesn’t work that way all the time. He knows better than you, if God does it the way you are thinking it; most people will misinterpret his actions. In verse 17 God gave them failure proof assurance which says Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you. They praised Him, Verse 21-24. As they were singing unto God he was fighting for them. Please let’s learn because God is bigger than us. At times the knowledge we have acquired may be irrelevant but his Voice is most relevant in all situations. So whenever you are in a battle you knew no way out seek to hear his Voice. Seek God’s face in fasting and prayers. Call him your father, sing hymn and take Psalms to him, call him and he will speak to you. Whatever God has shown you, or told you personally or through a respected man of God or through his word the Bible: Follow The Voice.
If you are blessed by this publication, please send your request and testimony to:
Published Monthly by Ayonimyte Zion Fellowship.
Join Us every Friday 4pm-6pm WAT
Live: on www.ayonimytezion.org online radio