THINGS HAS CHANGED
But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. 2 Corinthians 3:14
You are welcome to the court of the judge of the whole earth and the president of the heavens. The God that orders those that ordered aright and the author of the authority, the commander of the grand commanders, the highest above all kings, princes and chiefs, the only one who questions and no one could dear question him. Many had argued over some Biblical issues, some get confused about some sayings in God’s word; some don’t even understand what it meant to really understand God’s word. Some few men and women isolated some words in the Bible or camp with some certain words and trash others, not knowing that the mystery of the word is unraveled in the word. In this edition of Voices from Zion titled Things Has Changed 2 Corinthians 3:14. We shall be looking into the Old Testament and New Testament of the Bible.
- The curses in the Old Testament are so many, In-fact Adam, Eve, Cain, and Canaan wriggled under curses, Reuben also. The curse pronounced by God in the Old Testament submerges all living and overran all creatures. One of the curses is stated in Genesis 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; but in the New Testament it was a different thing entirely in Galatians 3:13-14 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: *That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. it means that Jesus collected us back from the curse upon human race and planted us in blessing; Can you see that ‘Things Has Changed?
- In the Old Testament men and women sacrifices their oxen unto the Lord. Noah, David, Solomon and among so many others sacrifices Sheep, Garlands and Goats unto the Lord. We read about Noah in the book of Genesis 8:20-22, also Solomon in the book of 1 King 3:3-14 yet with all their sacrifices human atrocity was not abated, it rather grew worse. David said’ Psalm 51:16-17 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. *The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. because some sins cannot be atone by the killings of animals. Now in The New Testament we don’t need blood of animals or any beast to atone our sins. The greatest sacrifice has been done on the cross of Calvary. A changed heart to follow God and to live stainless is all that God required from all. John 3:16
- In the old testament; so many laws and commandment were given to God’s people. For everything that happens among the people there are laws and commandment either for correction or atonement or even judgment. God commands his people by sending his prophet to them. The Old Testament was filled with laws and commandment that some can’t even keep. In the New Testament Jesus said Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. * This is the first and great commandment. *And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.*On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. that’s all to make God happy with you. It takes a lot of caution strength and stress to keep fit in the Old Testament but grace is all that is required in the New Testament. To do away with the word of Jesus is to live a frustrated life. The fact is if you Love your neighbours, you won’t steal from them, you won’t harm them or do anything to their loss and destruction. Things Has Changed? let’s look at two issues among so many.
- One of the issues that arouse argument and differences in church congregation today is the issue of dressing. Here is what the old testament of the Bible said Deuteronomy 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God. yes! God is saying here that a man should look like man and woman should look like woman. There are very many advantages to that in the war front where women should be saved or severe from men, it may be difficult if they inter-dressed. Moreso it also shows gender ingratitude looking like what God hasn’t made you. When a man looks like man and woman looks like woman always; it will help community development. These days there are some women clothing that looks like an upgrade of what men are wearing. What does The New Testament says about dressing; the following scriptures are eye opening 1Peter 3:3-5, 1Corinthians 11:4-10. In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; *But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. 1Timothy 2:9-10 both old and new testament of the Bible doesn’t encourage inordinate, inappropriate dressing(dressing anyhow) but the thin line difference is how Godly people should look in appearance is enumerated in the new testament. God is not the author of confusion. Finally
- In Old Testament we read Exodus 39:5-43 and in other Biblical records the inner court is forbidden but open to the clean high priest. It’s a different story in the New Testament when Jesus Christ died for our sin on the cross at Calvary Matthew 27:50-53…And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
We noticed that the unseen became seen and all what ordinary men could not look at became visible to both saints and sinners. It’s so funny that some Church assembly still keep physical inner court today; If you do, it’s a powerless representation because Christ now lived in us. Hebrews 9:1-14 that’s all.
THINGS HAS CHANGED
2 Corinthians 3:14
But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
You have to align your life with the word of God to gain the best Christ had brought for you, the more you question his authority the more confused you become. The truth is that until you accept the finish work of Christ, you are still in your sins. None of the old practices of sacrificing beast for sins atonement can help your life; they are effort in futility: – Let’s go on this journey of reunion with God
- New Birth: Repent and come out of filthiness. If you accept Jesus Christ you will become a new man and things will change for you. II Corinthians 5:17 John 1:12, Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- Holyghost: Accept the operation of Holy Spirit in your life and you will be filled with grace. Jesus said John 14: 16-17, 16:7-9 you need the empowerment of Holy Spirit to become established in Christ. Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
- Water Baptism: By Immersion after you have being saved is important to every Christian to fulfil all righteousness as Jesus said. Luke 3:21-22, Act 8:38-40, go for water baptism if you have not done it after you got saved. Matthew 3:11-16Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. *But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? *And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. *And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
- Serve: Serving the Lord out of pure conscience endears us to God and is highly rewardable. It’s the main essence of our salvation. Colossians 3:22-24, Deuteronomy 10:12 , Colossians 3:22-24 Deuteronomy 10:12 And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,
My dear ‘Things Has Changed’ because Jesus came into the world. The dominion of Christ is more real than the evils of the devil; the Veil is done away with in Christ. Jesus had taken the stage. Come up!
If you are blessed by this publication, please send your request and testimony to our:
Published Monthly by Ayonimyte Zion Fellowship.
Join Us every Friday 4pm-6pm WAT
Live: on www.ayonimytezion.org online radio