RENDER THE DEVIL POWERLESS
Many Christians and individuals out there have thought that the devil is so powerful that one cannot really escape his tactics, so many in our days worship the devil through fear and giving him undue respect. The devil had installed himself into men and women all around the world posing himself as a warlord or a personality to be honoured or feared. The good news is that the devil, Satan or call him the Serpent is not as powerful as you have thought, he’s not as fiery as you imagined, not as terrible as you fear him, no! You can deal with him and render him powerless in your life as you dig deep into this edition of Voices From Zion written from James 4:7:Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Titled
RENDER THE DEVIL POWERLESS
The word of God Points out two major things to do to render the Devil powerless
Submit yourselves therefore to God… this is what many people around the world had found very difficult to do but you need to. You have to withdraw yourself from so many things to God, let’s list few of those things:
- Worry And Anxiety: worry and anxiety comes as a result of fear at times as a result of threat or when fighting battles. One thing to note is that neither worry nor anxiety are instrument of conquering but to make one a cheap prey to the devourer. The following scriptures give depth on this Philippians 1:19, 28 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, * And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. So you have to withdraw yourself from anxiety and worry.
- Vanities: Vanities are practice that holds no value. Vanities are self deceit or creating an event that waste your precious time. Vanities could also mean celebrating the unnecessary, worshipping images, believing in a figure (not God) calling the non existent. Anything you are doing that adds no value to you or to others is pure vanity. Some are so daft that they worship god of the sun, which they have never seen nor experienced. Read this scripture: Act 14:8-15 serving the living God holds value and helping others, investing your time positively holds value. Withdraw yourself from vanities. The living God is not made with hands of men nor lives in an image. Job 15:31 Let not him that is deceived trust in vanity: for vanity shall be his recompence. NIV renders it this way: Let him not deceive himself by trusting what is worthless, for he will get nothing in return.
- Lies: you just have to withdraw yourselves from lies, lie is the enemies’ net of bondage. If you believed it, you will be capture into his darkness. Most people had run down their glorious destiny by believing in the lies of the devil. The truth is that Jesus is the only way to God, no other way John 14:6 In fact is the life and truth. Without holiness holiness no man shall see God. If you die in your sins hell fire is the next place because after death is judgment. Hebrew 9:27. Give and you shall receive Luke 6:38 no matter how little what remains, giving precedes receiving. John 1:12 says But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: and that is the only way to be a son of God. So the truth is the way to God’s inheritance. Do not allow the lies of the devil to rule your life anymore because the happenings in your life are as a result of your believe. Lies makes one lie down before the devil, makes the enemy your boss, lies confuse people, lies cause disorderliness, lies bring down, lies bring shame, lies when believed turns you against God. Most people are dying in silence because they believed in lies. Jesus says the following words about the devil Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of John 8:44 so you have to withdraw yourself from lies because it separates one from God Almighty and makes your prayers unanswered and desire unfulfilled.
- Wrong Association / Rowdiness: Some glorious destiny (lives) is tied down by the instrument of wrong association and rowdiness or lousy spirit. Some can’t just focus their mind on a particular thing because all kind of things are going on inside of them. Wrong association is devil’s right hand of bondage. Some friends won’t just just allow you to live righteous and among those your evil friends are evil planner, you have to withdraw yourself from them. An adage says; show me your friend and I will tell you who you are: the Bible also says He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed. Proverbs 13:20. Also Isaiah 30:15says For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not. and 1 Corinthians 15:33 says Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. Wrong association will do you a lot of harm. Whenever a man becomes born again then he needs to change his friends otherwise he will be lured back to an old life. If rowdiness of the spirit is not stopped, it may result in insanity. Withdraw yourself from it!
After you have withdrawn yourselves from all of the above listed and more then it will be easy for you to submit yourself to God. What does it mean to submit oneself to God?
- Agree with God and obey his terms. John 15:5, 14:23
- Seeking God’s opinion first and making his word the final say. Psalm 33:9-11, Isaiah 46:10
- Waiting on God for leading on most issues of one’s life, and taking no step until God speaks Hebrew 2:1-3
The truth is that the opposite of submitting oneself unto God is pride. Those that have submitted themselves unto God have no plan to achieve anything on earth as their destiny is included in God’s plan as he unfolds to them from time to time and season to season. If you succeeded in submitting yourself to God then you have Rendered The Devil Powerless, because in God’s hands, and in his court is your security. The next thing to do is
…Resist the devil, and he will flee from you: This will sound somehow to some men, but the good news is that the devil can be resisted. Once you have submitted yourself to God; the devil will keep coming back to you. Though Jesus won him, in Luke 4:12-13 which says And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. *And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season. After the forty days and nights fasting and prayers but the same devil kept coming back to him using the Pharisees and wicked men. So! that you are submitted to God doesn’t stop the devil from your territory but you have to resist him always, look at what the scripture says about him: Revelation 12:9-12 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.*And I heard a loud voicesaying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. *And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. *Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. So the question is how do we resist the devil?
Through The Power Of God Within You : The ability of God within a man (or woman) will determine his strength against the opposition. Isaiah 59:19 So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him. If you have no God kind of ability indwelling inside of you, your destiny may be crush when the devil lifts a standard against you. So you can resist the devil by divine ability.
Through The Light Of His Word: Doing the word gives you an edge against Satan. James 1:22-25 says But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. * For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: * For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. *But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Most of the times, the Devil comes in through deceit which can be ward-off by the depth and light of scripture. Ephesians 6:13-18 that way the Devil will be permanently helpless towards you.
Now! Render The Devil Powerless in every area of your life. I believe that the spirit of God will expand this truth further to you in Jesus name.
If you are blessed by this publication, please send your request and testimony to our:
Published Monthly by Ayonimyte Zion Fellowship.
Join Us every Friday 4pm-6pm WAT
Live: on ayonimytezion.org online radio