Our Lord and master, great teacher, Saviour, great Shepherd, the author and finisher of our faith, the resurrection and life, the first among the dead, the second Adam, the first and the last, Alpha and Omega, the word of God; Lord Jesus Christ, chose men, blessed, heal, delivered, lead and imparts them. The impartation of our Lord Jesus Christ upon his followers was what created Christianity today. You can not separate Christianity from Christ, they go together. Note this ‘Christ is the end of all national, personal, physical and spiritual crisis. A life without Christ is a life immersed in unending crisis. So many happenings surround the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. For you to contact the resurrection power and breathe of God, this edition of Voices From Zion Is Written Titled:
HE BREATHED ON THEM
Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. *And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord. *Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. *And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
JESUS AND HIS DISCIPLES: Among many followers Jesus chose twelve to be his disciples Matthew 10:1-5 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples…are these; The first, Simon…Peter…Andrew…James the son of Zebedee…John his brother; *Philip…Bartholomew…Thomas… Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; *Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot…These twelve disciples were thought by Jesus, he opened mysteries of the kingdom of God to them. After teaching the crowd, Jesus always have time with them to explain things(deeper) to them. He dwells with them physically, they had encounter with him. Among many things Jesus did for his 12 disciples’ these few were captured:
1. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God while he was with them Matthew 10:6-20
2. Jesus bid one of them to walk on water Matthew 14:27-29.
3. Jesus teaches them forgiveness Matthew 18:21-22
4. Jesus gave them his body and blood Matthew 26:26-28
5. Jesus gave them power over unclean spirit Mark 6:7,13
6. Jesus charge them Mark 9:18,29
7. Jesus washes their feet to impart them John 13:1-10
8. Jesus told them about his death and resurrection. Matthew 12:40
9. Jesus suffered alone for us, not with his disciples, they could not even watch in prayer for an hour Matthew 26:39-41
10. Finally Jesus breathed on them after his death and resurrection John 20:21-22
Jesus lived with his disciple (teaches them) but the life of one of his disciple Peter shows how a believer can be helpless without the ‘breathe’ of God. Imagined the assurance Jesus got from his disciples in Matthew 26:35 Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples. Imagine how they loved their master but it was so surprising when they all fled Matthew 26:55-56 says In that same hour said Jesus to the multitudes, Are ye come out as against a thief with swords and staves for to take me? I sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me. *But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled. They ran for their lives, they left their master, hey! Sir may be you have always been seating and learning around Jesus thought by him, you are known for Church, stand for Christ in trouble then you need his breathe on you.
THE PROVE OF BELIEVERS POWERLESSNESS:
Even though his disciples believed him, yet they ran from him, far from him during his trials, ‘they couldn’t stand for him! These scenes proved believers powerlessness:-
1. When Your Church Is Challenged: Do you wait or run, there are some part of the world today that terrorist invade churches and killed worshippers. If people are gun down by gun-men in your Church and you were able to escape, will you ever attend that church again? Have you forgotten Matthew 16:18 …and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
2. When Your Pastor Is Challenged: or suffers national insult (persecution) do you still identify with him, some can not even wait to help their shepherd may be in prayers or otherwise. Jesus’ disciples fled when he was questioned, if you read Matthew 26: 52-56 very well; you will discover that the moment the disciples fled and run for their life, the next thing was that, they laid hold on Jesus. If they kill your pastor ‘his blood is on you’
3. When There Is Religious Crisis: Do you still stand as a Christian or you quickly readjust. The live story of a soldier was told’ this soldier man was among those that was killing unyielding Christians. They will ask them to deny Jesus and if they do not, they killed them instantly, many has been killed but on a certain day, they had a long queue of Christian they have captured, they were killing those that refused to deny Jesus among them one after the other. God opened the eye of this Soldier man and saw that as they killed them they gallop into the kingdom of God with crown on their head and angels welcoming them. This terrorist soldier-man quickly removed his uniform, confesses his sins and received Jesus and was ready to be slaughter. Whenever there is religious crisis, when other religion stands against your faith in Christ, please stand! Have you read Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Don’t forgo your salvation for anything. It’s your most precious treasure. Jesus cares.
HE BREATHED ON THEM John 20:19-22
What the enemy thought will be your end will turn out to be the beginning of something (great) in your life in Jesus name. The above mentioned scenes also show the lifestyle of some believers whenever there is crisis in town, they always live in fear and hide themselves behind a closed door. You need the breath of Jesus! When Jesus appeared to them, the first thing he said was Peace be unto you. Jesus said it again Peace be unto you because at that time they were in great fear. Jesus put their troubled heart to an end by imparting them with Peace.
Hello! You need Peace to co-ordinate properly, you need peace to enjoy his blessings. As you have received this Voices From Zion today ‘your Peace is restored now in Jesus name. Those evils standing on your path are cleared off in Jesus name. Your weakness is taken away, strength is released! Amen! Jesus also said to them ‘As my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. He had finished his course for us to take the baton, as he was sent by God, we were sent by him. Anywhere you are as a Christian, you are to influence your world for Christ. Why? You are sent! Every child of God is sent by Jesus to save. Haven’t you read Obadiah 21? And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD’s. Go all out after the lost, the troubled, those in crisis, and bring good news to your Lord and master Jesus. Have you forgotten what Jesus said in Mark 16:15-18 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature… Before he said anything else, he breathed on them. He breathes new life, new grace, fresh resurrection power upon them. Our Lord and master breathed his conquerors anointing upon them. Jesus conquered death and devils and came out victorious and breathed his new status (power) upon his disciples. That’s why they could received the Holy Ghost Act 2:1-4 they could fulfils scripture in John 14:12 which says Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. So many of them raised the dead, healed the sick, brought joy to a whole city, expand mysteries. When they saw them in Antioch they called them Christian Act 11:26. The disciple did excellently well when Jesus had ascended. They never felt lonely because he was at work in them. Read the entire book of Acts of the Apostles for you to see ‘breath of Jesus’ upon them at work and the leadings of the Holy Spirit.
If you are blessed by this publication, please send your request and testimony to:
Published Monthly by Ayonimyte Zion Fellowship.
Join Us every Friday 4pm-6pm WAT
Live: on www.ayonimytezion.org online radio