You are welcome to a seasonal topic which will be needed at every new phase of every business, gospel ministry and in all charted endeavours. It’s worthy of note that not every one that started well ended well and not everyone that ended well ended gloriously. For you to end gloriously and have proof to show for every service you rendered; this edition of Voices From Zion is written titled: REMAINING IN THE CALL. Act 26:22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:
- No man can do the work of God in the energy of the flesh. For instance you can’t cast out devils in the energy of the flesh. The seven sons of Sceva tried it and they fled naked. Catch the story here in Act 19: 14-16 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. *And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? *And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. You can’t preach the good (gospel) messages by the philosophy of men to convert the stony hearts. The futility of the flesh is too great for any man to conquer with it. Flesh in the spirit walk lead to failure. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Galatians 6:8. Every man of God that wishes to be used by God to deliver, for release and as a mighty instrument must be ready to do it in the Spirit. John 4:24 says God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
- No man can continue a good course with absolute and total discouragement from people except by the Help Of God. It will take special grace to be a light in the midst of one hundred darkness. It’s hard to remain truthful and faithful in the midst of hundreds of liars and dubious fellow. Yet the Bible says in Matthew 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
- It takes the Help Of God not to quit from doing the right thing. There are men and even women in families that bares the whole burdens though accused, persecuted and attacked they continued. It takes drawing strength from the Lord to remain a good house holder. And Naboth said to Ahab, The Lord forbid it me, that I should give the inheritance of my fathers unto thee. 1Kings 21:3
- It will take the Help Of God to encourage others in the same calamity with you because you have to smile to make them smile. A moody man cannot spark up a joyful environment. It takes grace to cheer others up, especially if you are taken in the same challenge. But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. Act 20:24
- You are irreplaceable, your place is not take-able, once you lose it; you shall be unfulfilled for life. Every endeavour is tied to rewards especially gospel outreach endeavours. Once you quit, all accumulated benefits is wasted. Nobody can fulfil your vision for you. No one can do your thing like you and their is no two you, you are unique! So what is this: Help Of God?
- The Help Of God could be internal strength to carry on especially in times of great trials. The Macedonian Church was helping, giving and supporting others even in their great afflictions. 2nd Corinthians 8:1-9. Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia; *How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality *For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves; *Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints…
- The Help Of God could also be God sending some men to your aid or for your rescue. These two scriptures says more. says more. Act 11:29-30, 16:14-15, Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea: *Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul. And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul. *And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.
- The Help Of God can be God causing some systems to change for your sake. The rearrangement in an organisation may lead to the breakthrough of a man or some people within that very organisation Act 1:25-26 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place. *And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.
- The Help Of God can come in form of Angelic Intervention. So many Christians and individuals has enjoyed angelic interventions; bringing them out of terrible situation. God Almighty meet the need some man by his Angel, some were even represented by Angels. Angelic interventions are real even these days. Act 12: 7-11. If not for Angelic Intervention Peter would have been slaughtered when imprisoned. And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands. *And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me…
- The Help Of God might not have a particular definition because it can appear to you in so various forms. When God steps in you will be helped. David cried aloud and said Psalm 60:11 Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man. So God was actually the invisible conqueror behind David’s winnings; the king that lost no battle to his enemies. Without The Help Of God you can’t make any meaningful progress in life. Without The Help Of God any good thing you have won’t last. The battle you are facing will end you without His help. Uzziah became king at 16years of age and rule for fifty two years by the help of God, study it here in 2nd Chronicles 26:1-15 when the Help of God is out of the way, failures and shame become the new experience. Even the name of Jesus is given to us to fight Spiritual battles. Philippians 2:9-11 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; *And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. …but what enforces the Help Of God?
REMAINING IN THE CALL
If you chose to remain in the call of God, and stick to details, you will be helped. The reason why some believers are pushing effortlessly and suffering continuously is because they no longer stick to the details. Don’t add what God has not given to you to it, remain in the call and submit to the Lordship of the caller God, then you will obtain The Help Of God to keep doing it the way you are sent.
Beware of covetousness, love of money, position, greed, pride and the likes are the enemies’ instrument of luring God’s servants away off their divine assignment. By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter; *Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Hebrew 11: 24-25. God cannot but help a man that has made up his mind to help others. If you make yourself available for God’s usage; then you have registered for His Help. Just anybody can be enthroned by God into a leadership position such as Governor, President and other executive offices if he or she can possess a good heart. Remaining in the call is it! Minding the details and abiding with the rules is all you need to be marvellously helped continuously. Act 26:22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:
People of God, you can shout; Save, Lord: let the king hear us when we call. Psalm 20:9
If you are blessed by this publication, please send your request and testimony to our:
Published Monthly by Ayonimyte Zion Fellowship.
Join Us every Friday 4pm-6pm WAT
Live: on ayonimytezion.org online radio